At St. Petersburg Animal Hospital & Urgent Care, we understand that your pet’s oral health is essential for their overall well-being.
We encourage all of our pet parents to participate in preventative oral hygiene practices such as:
- Regular brushing of your pet’s teeth with pet-safe toothpaste and a soft brush.
- Using oral rinses
- Offering safe dental chew treats, & toys to promote oral health.
- Monitoring for signs of dental problems, such as bad breath, swollen gums, or difficulty eating.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups with our team for early detection.
There are times when your pet may require a professional dental procedure under anesthesia to properly manage more severe cases of periodontal and gum disease; a fractured tooth; a tooth root abscess or possibly an extraction.
Our Dental Care Service includes:
- A full set of dental x-rays, allowing us to diagnose dental issues below the gumline accurately.
- Safe and effective ultrasonic teeth scaling to remove plaque and tartar buildup
- Polishing the teeth to smooth the surface
- Fluoride rinse to strengthen the teeth.
- When necessary, tooth extractions are performed to remove damaged or problematic teeth, ensuring your pet’s comfort and well-being